A short ride out to Killearn to accommodate attendance at the BudaWest event at West Coast HD. It started a gloomy looking day but stayed dry and actually ended up pretty warm. Kenny was a newbie at leading under the supervision of Jigger and Stevie, nobody died so that has to rank as a success.
Kenny chose a route to get out into the country quickest via the Stockiemuir Road which worked quite well but perhaps the ride back in via the Clyde Tunnel and then picking up the old A8 wasn’t the best. It was a bit gridlocked at times…not helped I think by some road works on the westbound M8 which seemed to be bringing a lot of local traffic off the motorway onto the back roads.
Not to worry, we all made it back in time for the sun coming out and the entertainment at West Coast. Quite a few cases of temporary retinal burns were reported by the reflected light from Tommy’s incredibly polished helmet….has there ever been a helmet that had so much attention…all that buffing.
And of course lets not forget the Cult of Lairdy which remained strong in CVH members and entertainers alike.
All the images from the day can be seen on our Flickr Album
Read more of what we have been up to in the items below
- Campsies and the Falkirk WheelSaturday’s ride out was a nice wee run into the Campsies turning along the Carron Valley and arriving in glorious sunshine at the Falkirk Wheel … Read more
- Roseneath Ride Out ’23Last Saturday, some might argue the second day of Autumn (meteorologically speaking) felt like the first day of Summer ( yes I have forgotten about … Read more
- Clyde Valley HOG do Thunder 2023. Probably2023 was the 25th running of Thunder in the Glens and it would be rude for CVH not to be there. A sizable contingent of … Read more
- “Millport” ride out and Harley Experience Day Tyndrum 2023This Saturday’s official ride out was to be to Millport to drop in on the “unofficial” C&W Festival weekend but the unseasonably stormy and wet … Read more
- West Coast at ThunderWest Coast HD, our sponsoring dealership is running some very special events for customers and friends this year at Thunder in the Glens. First off, … Read more
- The Anointed… Loch Doon Ride Out July 2023The Met Office had been full of foreboding for Saturday’s outlook with some very heavy downpours predicted. Presumably, it was this that deterred many from … Read more