As if burning your feet for charity wasn’t enough activity for one weekend those Ladies of Harley were out again on Saturday this time on altogether ‘cooler’ pursuits (see what I did there?) for International Ladies Ride day.
Seven Lady Riders took a ride out to Helensburgh heading over the Old Military Road, led by LoH Officer Janice, with Jigger and Connor along to provide Road Crew Duty support.
Pete Mulkerrins also attended but he mistook the ride out as the “Camping trip” and had decided to dress the part. He also requested he be referred to as Petrina….which didn’t seem to be news to Katrina.
Connor not wishing to be left out of the cross-dressing action has allegedly already bought his Ladies of Harley Patches ( ……’with wings’…. what?) and has a range of recipes to try out for Strawberry Tea Weekend.
We imagine it’s safer letting him loose with a food mixer rather than a nail gun.
The ladies, all headed out to Helensburgh for a few pictures and no doubt to have a cooling dip of those singed feet in the Clyde before returning to WCHD for tea and Medals.
The Actual “Camping” Trip
The Other group riding out on Saturday morning was an ‘actual’ camping trip…not the cross-dressing festival that Petrina turned out for. Scott took a group of about 8 of the hardier riders out for a ride up through Glencoe, via Fort William and ending up at Skye for an overnight under canvas….and there wasn’t a bottle of eyeliner in sight…. well not that anyone is admitting though apparently there may have been some sunken looken eyes the next morning.
What happened on this overnight trip is a case of “what happened in Skye, stays in Skye” though apparently the SSPCA were called to several crofts on Sunday morning to look at some very distressed sheep.
Read more of what we have been up to in the items below
- Going WILD! in the CoUNTRY…. definitely not bowling: Lanark LochThis Saturday’s ride out was to Lanark Loch under the expert navigation of Road Captain Chris Kelly, assisted by sweeper and soapy bike washer Janice … More Going WILD! in the CoUNTRY…. definitely not bowling: Lanark Loch
- Burntisland Chapter Ride OutThe Chapter ride-out this month was to Burntisland in the Kingdom of Fife. Led by Stevie, and supported by Connor and Jigger, the riders rode … More Burntisland Chapter Ride Out
- Bishopbriggs and Campbeltown ’23….. the tears….You know the old saying what goes in Campbeltown, stays in Campbeltown. So basically you had to be there….OK twist my arm…. best not to … More Bishopbriggs and Campbeltown ’23….. the tears….
- International Ladies Ride Day and Camping tripAs if burning your feet for charity wasn’t enough activity for one weekend those Ladies of Harley were out again on Saturday this time on … More International Ladies Ride Day and Camping trip
- I Love the Smell of Nalpalm…and toasted feetWell the Ladies of Harley team pulled it off with ( so far) raising more than double their original target with the total currently standing … More I Love the Smell of Nalpalm…and toasted feet
- Protected: Wull HolleyThis content is password protected.