As if burning your feet for charity wasn’t enough activity for one weekend those Ladies of Harley were out again on Saturday this time on altogether ‘cooler’ pursuits (see what I did there?) for International Ladies Ride day.
Seven Lady Riders took a ride out to Helensburgh heading over the Old Military Road, led by LoH Officer Janice, with Jigger and Connor along to provide Road Crew Duty support.
Pete Mulkerrins also attended but he mistook the ride out as the “Camping trip” and had decided to dress the part. He also requested he be referred to as Petrina….which didn’t seem to be news to Katrina.
Connor not wishing to be left out of the cross-dressing action has allegedly already bought his Ladies of Harley Patches ( ……’with wings’…. what?) and has a range of recipes to try out for Strawberry Tea Weekend.
We imagine it’s safer letting him loose with a food mixer rather than a nail gun.
The ladies, all headed out to Helensburgh for a few pictures and no doubt to have a cooling dip of those singed feet in the Clyde before returning to WCHD for tea and Medals.
The Actual “Camping” Trip
The Other group riding out on Saturday morning was an ‘actual’ camping trip…not the cross-dressing festival that Petrina turned out for. Scott took a group of about 8 of the hardier riders out for a ride up through Glencoe, via Fort William and ending up at Skye for an overnight under canvas….and there wasn’t a bottle of eyeliner in sight…. well not that anyone is admitting though apparently there may have been some sunken looken eyes the next morning.
What happened on this overnight trip is a case of “what happened in Skye, stays in Skye” though apparently the SSPCA were called to several crofts on Sunday morning to look at some very distressed sheep.
Read more of what we have been up to in the items below
- CVH Ladies of Harley Strawberry Tea 2023A little later than last year and coinciding with the Halloween Hoe-down event at West Coast Harley Davidson, our wonderful Ladies of Harley served up … More CVH Ladies of Harley Strawberry Tea 2023
- Roll Up….Roll up for the Mystery Tour 2023I always thought Beatles were pure rotten by the way….and those haircuts…. What a day, what a turnout. The weather while pretty nippy first thing … More Roll Up….Roll up for the Mystery Tour 2023
- Ride To The Wall 2023A number of Clyde Valley members made the annual pilgrimage to the National Memorial Arboretum to attend the Ride to the Wall (RTTW) day. The … More Ride To The Wall 2023
- EHD Ride Out for MacMillan Coffee MorningOn Saturday we took a ride east to see our friends at Dunedin HOG who, in conjunction with Edinburgh Harley Davidson were running a Coffee … More EHD Ride Out for MacMillan Coffee Morning
- Campsies and the Falkirk WheelSaturday’s ride out was a nice wee run into the Campsies turning along the Carron Valley and arriving in glorious sunshine at the Falkirk Wheel … More Campsies and the Falkirk Wheel
- Roseneath Ride Out ’23Last Saturday, some might argue the second day of Autumn (meteorologically speaking) felt like the first day of Summer ( yes I have forgotten about … More Roseneath Ride Out ’23