On Saturday we took a ride east to see our friends at Dunedin HOG who, in conjunction with Edinburgh Harley Davidson were running a Coffee Morning in aid of MacMillan Cancer support.
We took a route that after negotiating the M8 through Glasgow headed along less busy roads through North Lanarkshire and into West Lothian.
It has to be said though that just getting to WCHD on Saturday ended up a bit of a Red Light Nightmare for your hapless correspondent when he admitted he had to ride like a bit of an ar**hole to get to WCHD in time despite leaving pretty early. Burnsy let it be known to all that would listen (fortunately no one does :-)) that he reckoned I always ride like an **sehole.
Team support in the Road Crew is strong even from the latest Paddawan. 🙂
So after the usual taking of pictures..
sniffing of fingers….where had that been?
and donning of lids…we headed east in search of sunshine, dry roads and cake.
…we were off….
But not for long as Frazer had an impromptu breakdown at the entry to the Anderston tunnel and had to be assisted by Road Crew Tail gunner Fitzy on his Rubber Johnny. ( it was always bound to happen with that name, wasn’t it?… juvenile but might as well get it out there now… over and done with say I. It even had the missing 5 gears that went astray a few weeks back…Hurray for gears!!
There were a few missed and tricky drop-offs and traffic split us up a few times but in the end we all made it to EHD safely under the lead of Connor who was today’s Road Captain and we arrived in time for Hot Dogs, Cake and laughs. Even Frazer got his Fat Bob going and Fitzy showed how fast Johnny can be when he is playing catch up; and we all arrived together.
We also met friends from Geordie Chapter who had made the longer journey up the east coast from Newcastle to support Dunedin.
After all the shennanigans what was the final outflow of todays events. Well a grand total of £2000 was raised for MacMillan for which everyone involved can be proud of their contribution. WELL DONE Dunedin and EHD….WELL DONE ALL!
Read more of what we have been up to in the items below
- Winterfest 2023Winterfest 2023 was held in Hard Rock Cafe Glasgow and yes!…there was a buffet! Around a hundred members and guests were in attendance on what … More Winterfest 2023
- CVH Ladies of Harley Strawberry Tea 2023A little later than last year and coinciding with the Halloween Hoe-down event at West Coast Harley Davidson, our wonderful Ladies of Harley served up … More CVH Ladies of Harley Strawberry Tea 2023
- Roll Up….Roll up for the Mystery Tour 2023I always thought Beatles were pure rotten by the way….and those haircuts…. What a day, what a turnout. The weather while pretty nippy first thing … More Roll Up….Roll up for the Mystery Tour 2023
- Ride To The Wall 2023A number of Clyde Valley members made the annual pilgrimage to the National Memorial Arboretum to attend the Ride to the Wall (RTTW) day. The … More Ride To The Wall 2023
- EHD Ride Out for MacMillan Coffee MorningOn Saturday we took a ride east to see our friends at Dunedin HOG who, in conjunction with Edinburgh Harley Davidson were running a Coffee … More EHD Ride Out for MacMillan Coffee Morning
- Campsies and the Falkirk WheelSaturday’s ride out was a nice wee run into the Campsies turning along the Carron Valley and arriving in glorious sunshine at the Falkirk Wheel … More Campsies and the Falkirk Wheel