A number of Clyde Valley members made the annual pilgrimage to the National Memorial Arboretum to attend the Ride to the Wall (RTTW) day.
The Group led by Head Road Captain, Jigger left from just outside Strathclyde Country Park ahead of what was to be one of Scotland’s wettest weekends on record, stopping in at Southwaite to pick up Paddy before continuing on to Lichfield for the night.
They report that it was a bit wet as far as Manchester, but then had warm sunshine beyond to the destination. Riders who went down the east of the country reported a dry run the whole way!
Some socialising was done before and after the event. Indian food and beer.
On the day 8 bikes representing Clyde Valley attended and they report that the route was lined with well-wishers. At the event, the members took part in the wreath laying ceremony, with Stevie laying the wreath on behalf of the chapter, attended by James Gould (Navy), Tommy (Army) and Jigger (RAF).
There was a Spitfire fly-past and plenty time to meet old comrades as well as friends from other chapters.
On Sunday the group were pretty lucky to be able to ride almost the entire way home in dry conditions until just 15 miles from home….quite a feat considering the amount of rain that fell in the Central Belt on Saturday and Sunday.
Read more of what we have been up to in the items below
- Winterfest 2023Winterfest 2023 was held in Hard Rock Cafe Glasgow and yes!…there was a buffet! Around a hundred members and guests were in attendance on what … More Winterfest 2023
- CVH Ladies of Harley Strawberry Tea 2023A little later than last year and coinciding with the Halloween Hoe-down event at West Coast Harley Davidson, our wonderful Ladies of Harley served up … More CVH Ladies of Harley Strawberry Tea 2023
- Roll Up….Roll up for the Mystery Tour 2023I always thought Beatles were pure rotten by the way….and those haircuts…. What a day, what a turnout. The weather while pretty nippy first thing … More Roll Up….Roll up for the Mystery Tour 2023
- Ride To The Wall 2023A number of Clyde Valley members made the annual pilgrimage to the National Memorial Arboretum to attend the Ride to the Wall (RTTW) day. The … More Ride To The Wall 2023
- EHD Ride Out for MacMillan Coffee MorningOn Saturday we took a ride east to see our friends at Dunedin HOG who, in conjunction with Edinburgh Harley Davidson were running a Coffee … More EHD Ride Out for MacMillan Coffee Morning
- Campsies and the Falkirk WheelSaturday’s ride out was a nice wee run into the Campsies turning along the Carron Valley and arriving in glorious sunshine at the Falkirk Wheel … More Campsies and the Falkirk Wheel