“Use me as your Sat Nav”…….lost!
The new riding season is upon us and the Clyde Valley HOG Road Crew were out on somewhat greasy roads around North Lanarkshire and the Clyde Valley ( appropriately enough) to run through various scenarios, discuss thoughts and ideas and let those less experienced at Road Marshalling, ask questions.
Head Road Captain Jigger had some routes planned and acted as Sat Nav while the Road Marshalls took it in turns to lead the rides or act as Sweeper or Tail, and Scott and Chris were observers to make points on what went well and what just needs a little thought. All the points raised were constructive and open to discussion and questions.
The Road Captains threw a few “spanners” and curve balls in to keep things interesting and challenging and it all led to a fun day with plenty to think about.
And the biggest curve ball was Head Road Captain ” use me as a sat nav” Jigger getting lost….he disputes that but the Road crew are calling “majority decision” on that one.
Tomorrow ( Sunday the 26th March) sees the first ride out of the season open to all members but the road crew would encourage less experienced members or first-timers at group riding to come along, ask questions, and get the opportunity to learn with no pressure…we all had to do this for a first time as well so we all know what it’s like riding with a lot of bikes for the first time. See you there.
Read more of what we have been up to in the items below
- Winterfest 2023Winterfest 2023 was held in Hard Rock Cafe Glasgow and yes!…there was a buffet! Around a hundred members and guests were in attendance on what … More Winterfest 2023
- CVH Ladies of Harley Strawberry Tea 2023A little later than last year and coinciding with the Halloween Hoe-down event at West Coast Harley Davidson, our wonderful Ladies of Harley served up … More CVH Ladies of Harley Strawberry Tea 2023
- Roll Up….Roll up for the Mystery Tour 2023I always thought Beatles were pure rotten by the way….and those haircuts…. What a day, what a turnout. The weather while pretty nippy first thing … More Roll Up….Roll up for the Mystery Tour 2023
- Ride To The Wall 2023A number of Clyde Valley members made the annual pilgrimage to the National Memorial Arboretum to attend the Ride to the Wall (RTTW) day. The … More Ride To The Wall 2023
- EHD Ride Out for MacMillan Coffee MorningOn Saturday we took a ride east to see our friends at Dunedin HOG who, in conjunction with Edinburgh Harley Davidson were running a Coffee … More EHD Ride Out for MacMillan Coffee Morning
- Campsies and the Falkirk WheelSaturday’s ride out was a nice wee run into the Campsies turning along the Carron Valley and arriving in glorious sunshine at the Falkirk Wheel … More Campsies and the Falkirk Wheel