“Use me as your Sat Nav”…….lost!
The new riding season is upon us and the Clyde Valley HOG Road Crew were out on somewhat greasy roads around North Lanarkshire and the Clyde Valley ( appropriately enough) to run through various scenarios, discuss thoughts and ideas and let those less experienced at Road Marshalling, ask questions.
Head Road Captain Jigger had some routes planned and acted as Sat Nav while the Road Marshalls took it in turns to lead the rides or act as Sweeper or Tail, and Scott and Chris were observers to make points on what went well and what just needs a little thought. All the points raised were constructive and open to discussion and questions.
The Road Captains threw a few “spanners” and curve balls in to keep things interesting and challenging and it all led to a fun day with plenty to think about.
And the biggest curve ball was Head Road Captain ” use me as a sat nav” Jigger getting lost….he disputes that but the Road crew are calling “majority decision” on that one.
Tomorrow ( Sunday the 26th March) sees the first ride out of the season open to all members but the road crew would encourage less experienced members or first-timers at group riding to come along, ask questions, and get the opportunity to learn with no pressure…we all had to do this for a first time as well so we all know what it’s like riding with a lot of bikes for the first time. See you there.
Read more of what we have been up to in the items below
- Going WILD! in the CoUNTRY…. definitely not bowling: Lanark LochThis Saturday’s ride out was to Lanark Loch under the expert navigation of Road Captain Chris Kelly, assisted by sweeper and soapy bike washer Janice … More Going WILD! in the CoUNTRY…. definitely not bowling: Lanark Loch
- Burntisland Chapter Ride OutThe Chapter ride-out this month was to Burntisland in the Kingdom of Fife. Led by Stevie, and supported by Connor and Jigger, the riders rode … More Burntisland Chapter Ride Out
- Bishopbriggs and Campbeltown ’23….. the tears….You know the old saying what goes in Campbeltown, stays in Campbeltown. So basically you had to be there….OK twist my arm…. best not to … More Bishopbriggs and Campbeltown ’23….. the tears….
- International Ladies Ride Day and Camping tripAs if burning your feet for charity wasn’t enough activity for one weekend those Ladies of Harley were out again on Saturday this time on … More International Ladies Ride Day and Camping trip
- I Love the Smell of Nalpalm…and toasted feetWell the Ladies of Harley team pulled it off with ( so far) raising more than double their original target with the total currently standing … More I Love the Smell of Nalpalm…and toasted feet
- Protected: Wull HolleyThis content is password protected.