Lochgoilhead was due to be the destination for the mass ride out at The Gathering, our Chapter Rally held at Hunters Quay, Dunoon.
The ride is well known for its dramatic scenery, so it was a huge disappointment when the rideout had to be called off due to horrific weather overnight and throughout the Saturday of the rally.
So the chapter made good on its promise to visit this fairly isolated community on a shop ride out from West Coast HD on the 30th July.
The road down to the village from the top of the Rest and Be Thankful is definitely not for the faint-hearted but the welcome the chapter received made it well worth the ride. The road down is a series of tight and steep hairpin turns often with blind crests.
The chapter got involved in the festivities of the day before being waved off by all at the gala day as we headed to Dunoon, in itself not an insignificant run and then on to the ferry for the motorway ride back.
This correspondent is not a great fan of motorway rides generally as they are pretty tedious affairs in the most part, but trust me, this was a ride that left most of those that took part buzzing for days afterwards. A total BLAST!
If you weren’t there you really missed out.
Read more of what we have been up to in the items below
- Winterfest 2023Winterfest 2023 was held in Hard Rock Cafe Glasgow and yes!…there was a buffet! Around a hundred members and guests were in attendance on what … More Winterfest 2023
- CVH Ladies of Harley Strawberry Tea 2023A little later than last year and coinciding with the Halloween Hoe-down event at West Coast Harley Davidson, our wonderful Ladies of Harley served up … More CVH Ladies of Harley Strawberry Tea 2023
- Roll Up….Roll up for the Mystery Tour 2023I always thought Beatles were pure rotten by the way….and those haircuts…. What a day, what a turnout. The weather while pretty nippy first thing … More Roll Up….Roll up for the Mystery Tour 2023
- Ride To The Wall 2023A number of Clyde Valley members made the annual pilgrimage to the National Memorial Arboretum to attend the Ride to the Wall (RTTW) day. The … More Ride To The Wall 2023
- EHD Ride Out for MacMillan Coffee MorningOn Saturday we took a ride east to see our friends at Dunedin HOG who, in conjunction with Edinburgh Harley Davidson were running a Coffee … More EHD Ride Out for MacMillan Coffee Morning
- Campsies and the Falkirk WheelSaturday’s ride out was a nice wee run into the Campsies turning along the Carron Valley and arriving in glorious sunshine at the Falkirk Wheel … More Campsies and the Falkirk Wheel