Lochgoilhead was due to be the destination for the mass ride out at The Gathering, our Chapter Rally held at Hunters Quay, Dunoon.
The ride is well known for its dramatic scenery, so it was a huge disappointment when the rideout had to be called off due to horrific weather overnight and throughout the Saturday of the rally.
So the chapter made good on its promise to visit this fairly isolated community on a shop ride out from West Coast HD on the 30th July.
The road down to the village from the top of the Rest and Be Thankful is definitely not for the faint-hearted but the welcome the chapter received made it well worth the ride. The road down is a series of tight and steep hairpin turns often with blind crests.
The chapter got involved in the festivities of the day before being waved off by all at the gala day as we headed to Dunoon, in itself not an insignificant run and then on to the ferry for the motorway ride back.
This correspondent is not a great fan of motorway rides generally as they are pretty tedious affairs in the most part, but trust me, this was a ride that left most of those that took part buzzing for days afterwards. A total BLAST!
If you weren’t there you really missed out.
Read more of what we have been up to in the items below
- Going WILD! in the CoUNTRY…. definitely not bowling: Lanark LochThis Saturday’s ride out was to Lanark Loch under the expert navigation of Road Captain Chris Kelly, assisted by sweeper and soapy bike washer Janice … More Going WILD! in the CoUNTRY…. definitely not bowling: Lanark Loch
- Burntisland Chapter Ride OutThe Chapter ride-out this month was to Burntisland in the Kingdom of Fife. Led by Stevie, and supported by Connor and Jigger, the riders rode … More Burntisland Chapter Ride Out
- Bishopbriggs and Campbeltown ’23….. the tears….You know the old saying what goes in Campbeltown, stays in Campbeltown. So basically you had to be there….OK twist my arm…. best not to … More Bishopbriggs and Campbeltown ’23….. the tears….
- International Ladies Ride Day and Camping tripAs if burning your feet for charity wasn’t enough activity for one weekend those Ladies of Harley were out again on Saturday this time on … More International Ladies Ride Day and Camping trip
- I Love the Smell of Nalpalm…and toasted feetWell the Ladies of Harley team pulled it off with ( so far) raising more than double their original target with the total currently standing … More I Love the Smell of Nalpalm…and toasted feet
- Protected: Wull HolleyThis content is password protected.