After what has been a shaky month weather wise and no end in sight to the unsettled conditions this months Chapter ride out was planned for a run to Oban. As the week developed it looked fortuitous that Sunday was the day for the run, it being a Chapter run, as Saturday looked to be a stinker. But in point of fact, Saturday ended up not bad and Sunday was actually a very nice day for a run into the near North West.
A few riders got a wee sprinkle of weather on the way home but a lot depended on where your final destination was and what route back was taken.
The group of about 16 ( 14 bikes and 1 trike) went up via Loch Lomondside and Tarbert taking the road to Crianlarich and then for a stop at the Green Welly to let Burnsy get a fag and petrol….preferably not all at the same time….
As the carnage and mushroom cloud of the ensuing explosion faded in the riders mirrors it was on to Oban to stop and revive with Chips/Ice Cream/Coffee….again preferably not all at the same time.
The return trip was really up to each individual and where they were headed, but the majority took a run down the Kilmartin road to Lochgilphead ( another fuel stop) then back around Loch Fyne. Some headed back via Dunoon and the Ferry to the Clyde Coast, others took the more direct routes. It might have rained at Dunbarton….. and on the Clyde Coast, but a small price to pay for a nice day out.
Photos from Pete Chisholm and Frazer Auld. As ever you can see all the images on our Flickr album below.
Read more of what we have been up to in the items below
- Campsies and the Falkirk WheelSaturday’s ride out was a nice wee run into the Campsies turning along the Carron Valley and arriving in glorious sunshine at the Falkirk Wheel … Read more
- Roseneath Ride Out ’23Last Saturday, some might argue the second day of Autumn (meteorologically speaking) felt like the first day of Summer ( yes I have forgotten about … Read more
- Clyde Valley HOG do Thunder 2023. Probably2023 was the 25th running of Thunder in the Glens and it would be rude for CVH not to be there. A sizable contingent of … Read more
- “Millport” ride out and Harley Experience Day Tyndrum 2023This Saturday’s official ride out was to be to Millport to drop in on the “unofficial” C&W Festival weekend but the unseasonably stormy and wet … Read more
- West Coast at ThunderWest Coast HD, our sponsoring dealership is running some very special events for customers and friends this year at Thunder in the Glens. First off, … Read more
- The Anointed… Loch Doon Ride Out July 2023The Met Office had been full of foreboding for Saturday’s outlook with some very heavy downpours predicted. Presumably, it was this that deterred many from … Read more