Sometimes good things come in small packages and this weekend’s ride out was no exception.
A shorter ride out this time to Helensburgh, little more than 30 minutes from our starting point at West Coast Harley Davidson, and what a weekend to pick for a trip to the seaside. (OK it’s the Clyde estuary but it’s still salty).
One of the sunniest weekends of the year, after a mostly dry but at times unsettled Spring with high winds and not a lot of heat. While no one would have called it a scorcher, it was at least sunny enough to be able to dispense with a jacket and enjoy an ice cream on the promenade at Helensburgh.
While at Helensburgh we “bumped” into Fitzy and Karen who were staying in the area at another bike rally for an inferior brand. 🙂
The ride back ( a “mates” ride) was arguably more fun than the run out as we took the backroad out of Helensburgh, then up the MoD road to Loch Lomondside and it was a bit of a blast before hitting the traffic heading towards Alexandria for the ride back to WCHD.
The Road Crew had different ideas and headed up to Dunoon to scout out the ride-out route for next week’s Chapter rally- The Gathering, if we get weather even half as good as this weekend it will be a belter!
Read more of what we have been up to in the items below
- Going WILD! in the CoUNTRY…. definitely not bowling: Lanark LochThis Saturday’s ride out was to Lanark Loch under the expert navigation of Road Captain Chris Kelly, assisted by sweeper and soapy bike washer Janice … More Going WILD! in the CoUNTRY…. definitely not bowling: Lanark Loch
- Burntisland Chapter Ride OutThe Chapter ride-out this month was to Burntisland in the Kingdom of Fife. Led by Stevie, and supported by Connor and Jigger, the riders rode … More Burntisland Chapter Ride Out
- Bishopbriggs and Campbeltown ’23….. the tears….You know the old saying what goes in Campbeltown, stays in Campbeltown. So basically you had to be there….OK twist my arm…. best not to … More Bishopbriggs and Campbeltown ’23….. the tears….
- International Ladies Ride Day and Camping tripAs if burning your feet for charity wasn’t enough activity for one weekend those Ladies of Harley were out again on Saturday this time on … More International Ladies Ride Day and Camping trip
- I Love the Smell of Nalpalm…and toasted feetWell the Ladies of Harley team pulled it off with ( so far) raising more than double their original target with the total currently standing … More I Love the Smell of Nalpalm…and toasted feet
- Protected: Wull HolleyThis content is password protected.