Sometimes good things come in small packages and this weekend’s ride out was no exception.
A shorter ride out this time to Helensburgh, little more than 30 minutes from our starting point at West Coast Harley Davidson, and what a weekend to pick for a trip to the seaside. (OK it’s the Clyde estuary but it’s still salty).
One of the sunniest weekends of the year, after a mostly dry but at times unsettled Spring with high winds and not a lot of heat. While no one would have called it a scorcher, it was at least sunny enough to be able to dispense with a jacket and enjoy an ice cream on the promenade at Helensburgh.
While at Helensburgh we “bumped” into Fitzy and Karen who were staying in the area at another bike rally for an inferior brand. 🙂
The ride back ( a “mates” ride) was arguably more fun than the run out as we took the backroad out of Helensburgh, then up the MoD road to Loch Lomondside and it was a bit of a blast before hitting the traffic heading towards Alexandria for the ride back to WCHD.
The Road Crew had different ideas and headed up to Dunoon to scout out the ride-out route for next week’s Chapter rally- The Gathering, if we get weather even half as good as this weekend it will be a belter!
Read more of what we have been up to in the items below
- Winterfest 2023Winterfest 2023 was held in Hard Rock Cafe Glasgow and yes!…there was a buffet! Around a hundred members and guests were in attendance on what … More Winterfest 2023
- CVH Ladies of Harley Strawberry Tea 2023A little later than last year and coinciding with the Halloween Hoe-down event at West Coast Harley Davidson, our wonderful Ladies of Harley served up … More CVH Ladies of Harley Strawberry Tea 2023
- Roll Up….Roll up for the Mystery Tour 2023I always thought Beatles were pure rotten by the way….and those haircuts…. What a day, what a turnout. The weather while pretty nippy first thing … More Roll Up….Roll up for the Mystery Tour 2023
- Ride To The Wall 2023A number of Clyde Valley members made the annual pilgrimage to the National Memorial Arboretum to attend the Ride to the Wall (RTTW) day. The … More Ride To The Wall 2023
- EHD Ride Out for MacMillan Coffee MorningOn Saturday we took a ride east to see our friends at Dunedin HOG who, in conjunction with Edinburgh Harley Davidson were running a Coffee … More EHD Ride Out for MacMillan Coffee Morning
- Campsies and the Falkirk WheelSaturday’s ride out was a nice wee run into the Campsies turning along the Carron Valley and arriving in glorious sunshine at the Falkirk Wheel … More Campsies and the Falkirk Wheel