Sometimes good things come in small packages and this weekend’s ride out was no exception.
A shorter ride out this time to Helensburgh, little more than 30 minutes from our starting point at West Coast Harley Davidson, and what a weekend to pick for a trip to the seaside. (OK it’s the Clyde estuary but it’s still salty).
One of the sunniest weekends of the year, after a mostly dry but at times unsettled Spring with high winds and not a lot of heat. While no one would have called it a scorcher, it was at least sunny enough to be able to dispense with a jacket and enjoy an ice cream on the promenade at Helensburgh.
While at Helensburgh we “bumped” into Fitzy and Karen who were staying in the area at another bike rally for an inferior brand. 🙂
The ride back ( a “mates” ride) was arguably more fun than the run out as we took the backroad out of Helensburgh, then up the MoD road to Loch Lomondside and it was a bit of a blast before hitting the traffic heading towards Alexandria for the ride back to WCHD.
The Road Crew had different ideas and headed up to Dunoon to scout out the ride-out route for next week’s Chapter rally- The Gathering, if we get weather even half as good as this weekend it will be a belter!
Read more of what we have been up to in the items below
- Ladies at ThunderWhile it’s maybe a bit early for some, 6am on Sunday morning ( New Years Day) see’s the broadcast of Our Story : Thunder In … More Ladies at Thunder
- West Coast Garage Party ’22It wouldn’t be the end of another year without a wee Garage party at our sponsoring dealership West Coast Harley Davidson. … More West Coast Garage Party ’22
- Winterfest 2022Winterfest got the festive season off to a rocking start last night with the Clyde Valley HOG Chapter annual end-of-season shindig held at the Glasgow Hard Rock Cafe. … More Winterfest 2022
- 2022 End of Season Mystery RideThe Chapter met up for one final ride out of the 2022 season at WCHD to head for ….who knows where? … More 2022 End of Season Mystery Ride
- Peebles Shop Ride Out October 2022After a very wet Friday, a small group of hardy members took to the road led by Davie Fulton accompanied by Cath, and ably assisted by Tommy for a shop ride out on Saturday. … More Peebles Shop Ride Out October 2022
- RTTW 2022A Clyde Valley contingent took part once again this year in the annual remembrance event to the National Memorial Arboretum in Staffordshire. Ride To The … More RTTW 2022