After the drowning that was The Gathering, some fair if not spectacular conditions for a ride out across the Campsies and on to the Kelpies.
We had a good turn out of bikes and members to join us on this run across the Campsies from West Coast Harley Davidson. After a short stop to take in the views over Glasgow where we were accosted by the Police…..(for a photo opportunity!) we then continued on towards Fintry, turning along the Carron Valley past Carron Valley Reservoir, where we had a short stop at the Forestry Commission Car Park. Then the final leg along to The Kelpies at the Helix in Falkirk.
The weather stayed fair and the sun even made an appearance at the kelpies so it was time for Ice Cream, chips ( not all together…that would be weird!) and a few photo’s before we all headed for home.
Read more of what we have been up to in the items below
- Campsies and the Falkirk WheelSaturday’s ride out was a nice wee run into the Campsies turning along the Carron Valley and arriving in glorious sunshine at the Falkirk Wheel … Read more
- Roseneath Ride Out ’23Last Saturday, some might argue the second day of Autumn (meteorologically speaking) felt like the first day of Summer ( yes I have forgotten about … Read more
- Clyde Valley HOG do Thunder 2023. Probably2023 was the 25th running of Thunder in the Glens and it would be rude for CVH not to be there. A sizable contingent of … Read more
- “Millport” ride out and Harley Experience Day Tyndrum 2023This Saturday’s official ride out was to be to Millport to drop in on the “unofficial” C&W Festival weekend but the unseasonably stormy and wet … Read more
- West Coast at ThunderWest Coast HD, our sponsoring dealership is running some very special events for customers and friends this year at Thunder in the Glens. First off, … Read more
- The Anointed… Loch Doon Ride Out July 2023The Met Office had been full of foreboding for Saturday’s outlook with some very heavy downpours predicted. Presumably, it was this that deterred many from … Read more