Clyde Valley Members were kindly invited to drop in on our Brothers and Sisters of Dunedin having one of their famous, Saddle Up Saturdays and a “Mates Ride*” posse of 8 members turned up at the Showcase Leisure Park to make the ride through to EHD.
It was a bright sunny day and after a wee touch of frost around dawn the roads, particularly the M8, had been pretty heavily salted but our intrepid riders and one pillion rode off into the low sunshine making fast progress arriving at EHD just after midday.
We were all made very welcome by our friends, and there were pies, hot coffee, and soup to warm anyone up who had felt the chill on the ride through, though to be fair, the pace was enough to keep you warm led by Head Road Captain Jigger.
Most of the riders were rather salt coated by the arrival at Sighthill in Edinburgh, I think while we were well aware it was salty, but the actual quantity of salt encrusting all the bikes and clothing surprised us all!
If you were dressed for the conditions it was actually a lovely day for a run and all enjoyed blowing off the January cobwebs….though all would be heading home to wash down the bikes before putting them back into mid-winter hibernation. Hopefully not too long before another impromptu run and the new season won’t be long now in getting kicked off. Have you checked out our events calendar which has been fully updated with the riding itinerary for 2023? You can see Shop ride-outs and Chapter Monthly Ride-outs on dedicated pages too if you want.
*A mates ride is not an official Chapter Ride Out and members attend as riding mates without the organised structure of a HOG ride.
Read more of what we have been up to in the items below
- Campsies and the Falkirk WheelSaturday’s ride out was a nice wee run into the Campsies turning along the Carron Valley and arriving in glorious sunshine at the Falkirk Wheel … Read more
- Roseneath Ride Out ’23Last Saturday, some might argue the second day of Autumn (meteorologically speaking) felt like the first day of Summer ( yes I have forgotten about … Read more
- Clyde Valley HOG do Thunder 2023. Probably2023 was the 25th running of Thunder in the Glens and it would be rude for CVH not to be there. A sizable contingent of … Read more
- “Millport” ride out and Harley Experience Day Tyndrum 2023This Saturday’s official ride out was to be to Millport to drop in on the “unofficial” C&W Festival weekend but the unseasonably stormy and wet … Read more
- West Coast at ThunderWest Coast HD, our sponsoring dealership is running some very special events for customers and friends this year at Thunder in the Glens. First off, … Read more
- The Anointed… Loch Doon Ride Out July 2023The Met Office had been full of foreboding for Saturday’s outlook with some very heavy downpours predicted. Presumably, it was this that deterred many from … Read more