August 2022 Chapter Ride Out
Our monthly chapter Ride out was an ambitious first effort for apprentice Road Captain, Connor Fitzsimmons, taking a healthy turn out of bikes about 23, riders and pillions right across Scotland from WCHD to just outside St Andrews, using mostly back roads. Fortunately, the ride out was on a Sunday morning and the bikes didn’t get too broken up by traffic on the way out the north side of the city then out via Lennoxtyown, Kilsyth, and then up to Airth Services for the first stop of the day.
After a coffee and a leg stretch, the chapter carried on across into Clackmannanshire and then onto Fife around Dunfermline, Lochgelly, Kirkaldy and Leven before turning up across the East neuk towards Crail and Scotlands Secret Bunker.
There were a couple of drop-offs and wrong turns caused by some pretty significant road works that we hit out beyond Leven but everyone arrived safe and sound and it was a brilliant effort on a tricky route by the young Jigger prodigy.
As the day wore on the weather improved from threatening with the odd light shower to actually quite a warm day. The Secret Bunker was a very interesting venue to visit and evoked quite a lot of memories for various groups of the chapter harking back to the ’80’s.
Read more of what we have been up to in the items below
- Winterfest 2023Winterfest 2023 was held in Hard Rock Cafe Glasgow and yes!…there was a buffet! Around a hundred members and guests were in attendance on what … More Winterfest 2023
- CVH Ladies of Harley Strawberry Tea 2023A little later than last year and coinciding with the Halloween Hoe-down event at West Coast Harley Davidson, our wonderful Ladies of Harley served up … More CVH Ladies of Harley Strawberry Tea 2023
- Roll Up….Roll up for the Mystery Tour 2023I always thought Beatles were pure rotten by the way….and those haircuts…. What a day, what a turnout. The weather while pretty nippy first thing … More Roll Up….Roll up for the Mystery Tour 2023
- Ride To The Wall 2023A number of Clyde Valley members made the annual pilgrimage to the National Memorial Arboretum to attend the Ride to the Wall (RTTW) day. The … More Ride To The Wall 2023
- EHD Ride Out for MacMillan Coffee MorningOn Saturday we took a ride east to see our friends at Dunedin HOG who, in conjunction with Edinburgh Harley Davidson were running a Coffee … More EHD Ride Out for MacMillan Coffee Morning
- Campsies and the Falkirk WheelSaturday’s ride out was a nice wee run into the Campsies turning along the Carron Valley and arriving in glorious sunshine at the Falkirk Wheel … More Campsies and the Falkirk Wheel