August 2022 Chapter Ride Out
Our monthly chapter Ride out was an ambitious first effort for apprentice Road Captain, Connor Fitzsimmons, taking a healthy turn out of bikes about 23, riders and pillions right across Scotland from WCHD to just outside St Andrews, using mostly back roads. Fortunately, the ride out was on a Sunday morning and the bikes didn’t get too broken up by traffic on the way out the north side of the city then out via Lennoxtyown, Kilsyth, and then up to Airth Services for the first stop of the day.
After a coffee and a leg stretch, the chapter carried on across into Clackmannanshire and then onto Fife around Dunfermline, Lochgelly, Kirkaldy and Leven before turning up across the East neuk towards Crail and Scotlands Secret Bunker.
There were a couple of drop-offs and wrong turns caused by some pretty significant road works that we hit out beyond Leven but everyone arrived safe and sound and it was a brilliant effort on a tricky route by the young Jigger prodigy.
As the day wore on the weather improved from threatening with the odd light shower to actually quite a warm day. The Secret Bunker was a very interesting venue to visit and evoked quite a lot of memories for various groups of the chapter harking back to the ’80’s.
Read more of what we have been up to in the items below
- Going WILD! in the CoUNTRY…. definitely not bowling: Lanark LochThis Saturday’s ride out was to Lanark Loch under the expert navigation of Road Captain Chris Kelly, assisted by sweeper and soapy bike washer Janice … More Going WILD! in the CoUNTRY…. definitely not bowling: Lanark Loch
- Burntisland Chapter Ride OutThe Chapter ride-out this month was to Burntisland in the Kingdom of Fife. Led by Stevie, and supported by Connor and Jigger, the riders rode … More Burntisland Chapter Ride Out
- Bishopbriggs and Campbeltown ’23….. the tears….You know the old saying what goes in Campbeltown, stays in Campbeltown. So basically you had to be there….OK twist my arm…. best not to … More Bishopbriggs and Campbeltown ’23….. the tears….
- International Ladies Ride Day and Camping tripAs if burning your feet for charity wasn’t enough activity for one weekend those Ladies of Harley were out again on Saturday this time on … More International Ladies Ride Day and Camping trip
- I Love the Smell of Nalpalm…and toasted feetWell the Ladies of Harley team pulled it off with ( so far) raising more than double their original target with the total currently standing … More I Love the Smell of Nalpalm…and toasted feet
- Protected: Wull HolleyThis content is password protected.