This Saturday’s official ride out was to be to Millport to drop in on the “unofficial” C&W Festival weekend but the unseasonably stormy and wet weather put paid to that idea, I understand the ferry was off at least in the morning. So the hardy bunch of members that braved the still fairly soggy conditions of Saturday morning, were treated to a ride out led by Raymond and crewed by Tommy and Fitzy, which landed at Strathclyde Park before some headed off to a Willie G MCC open day.
Good effort everyone for the turnout in the conditions and quick thinking there for a Plan B.
Harley Experience Day Tyndrum
Some of the CVH Road Captains had been asked to assist with the HD Experience Day that was being run at Tyndrum by HD-UK to offer test rides of a selection of bikes in the HD 2023 Range. Head Road Captain Jigger, was assisted by Chris, Scott and young Connor.
Yes…. you read that right… the mighty Jigger was seen wearing water repellent over-clothes.
One member of the Dunedin HOG road crew, Anthony also turned out to support the ride-outs and along with the CVH Crew put in a mighty 9:00 -17:00 shift in what were at times pretty appalling conditions.
So in the conditions, one might imagine that few riders would turn out. Well, I think it’s fair to say there was definitely an attrition rate amongst attendees, but that meant there were all the more toys for those that did turn out to play on! If the road crew thought any of the wet shifts were going to be skipped…Kenny turned out to play on the toys like a kid in the sweetie shop.
Among the selection of treats on offer were
- Fat Boy
- Fat Bob
- Street Bob
- Lowrider S 117
- Breakout 117
- Sport Glide
- Road King Special
- Sportster S
- Pan America Special
In addition, Livewire was there to show off a fleet of Livewire Ones that riders could take out on an unaccompanied basis as well as them showing an early production model of the Del Mar which is arguably a more Commuter focussed bike.
While there weren’t many of the Dunedin HOG Road Crew on duty with HD-UK there was a group that came up for the ride out, kudos to them in the conditions and they too were only too happy to have some rides on the bikes as well as having a wee blast out on the Livewires which was a bit of a hoot when the roads dried out further up the glen towards Dalmally.
At times the conditions varied from miserable to downright diabolical but spirits remained high and the CVH crew put in a five star shift that was very much appreciated by all the riders as well as the HD-UK crew up there for the day.
I think they just wished Kenny would f*** off home and stop taking bikes out 🙂
Read more of what we have been up to in the items below
- Campsies and the Falkirk WheelSaturday’s ride out was a nice wee run into the Campsies turning along the Carron Valley and arriving in glorious sunshine at the Falkirk Wheel … Read more
- Roseneath Ride Out ’23Last Saturday, some might argue the second day of Autumn (meteorologically speaking) felt like the first day of Summer ( yes I have forgotten about … Read more
- Clyde Valley HOG do Thunder 2023. Probably2023 was the 25th running of Thunder in the Glens and it would be rude for CVH not to be there. A sizable contingent of … Read more
- “Millport” ride out and Harley Experience Day Tyndrum 2023This Saturday’s official ride out was to be to Millport to drop in on the “unofficial” C&W Festival weekend but the unseasonably stormy and wet … Read more
- West Coast at ThunderWest Coast HD, our sponsoring dealership is running some very special events for customers and friends this year at Thunder in the Glens. First off, … Read more
- The Anointed… Loch Doon Ride Out July 2023The Met Office had been full of foreboding for Saturday’s outlook with some very heavy downpours predicted. Presumably, it was this that deterred many from … Read more